I hope you all are having a great week!!
I know what you’re thinking…..I must be on a breakfast kick, huh?!
The last time I sat down to write a post, I shared the recipe for these delicious, but not-so-healthy cinnamon rolls. So, I thought I would redeem myself today & share a somewhat healthier option! 🙂
This Baked Oatmeal Casserole Recipe turned out absolutely scrumptious! I made it at the beginning of the week & ate it for breakfast every morning following! It will definitely be something that I make again very soon! It was so convenient to have a healthy breakfast made & ready to go each morning. Some mornings I popped it in the microwave, and other mornings I ate it cold, straight out of the refrigerator! I actually loved it both ways! I think you will too!
This recipe modified from Inspired By Life.
- 2 Cups All Natural Oats
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar (I used the Splenda blend)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- ⅔ Cup Blueberries
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp Butter (cooled)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 10x10 casserole dish generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the chocolate chips, & half the berries. Stir well and pour into casserole dish. Add the other half of the berries & chocolate chips to the top of the mixture. Then, slice the banana & add to top.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, butter, & vanilla. Whisk thoroughly. Pour on top of oatmeal mixture, making sure the all oats are soaked evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove casserole & add a tablespoon of brown sugar to the top of the casserole for added sweetness (optional.) Bake for an additional 5 or 10 minutes or until the top of the casserole is golden brown.
In addition to being delicious, the recipe was also super simple to throw together! (See recipe above for details.)
Just mix all the dry ingredients & place in a casserole dish.
Mix the wet ingredients & pour over the oatmeal mixture.
Bake & serve!
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try!
I think you & your family will LOVE it!!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hope your day is blessed!
Linking up here…