get in shape & exercise more!!
There are plenty of other things that I should probably resolve to do in 2012 as well, but the one thing that is on my mind today is getting our Master Bedroom Closet organized!
Of course, in my hubby’s mind that just means getting rid of the clothes that we don’t wear anymore & making sure everything is nice & tidy.
Me, on the other hand, I am looking for a rather dramatic transformation….perhaps its the blogger in me 🙂
Us bloggers love a great makeover, don’t we?!
So over the course of the last couple of days, I have been looking for some closet makeover inspiration.
These two closets have got my wheels spinning…..
I love the girly feel of this closet makeover from Centsational Girl….
She said she was going for a feminine boutique look & I think she nailed this one!
Love, love, this transformation!
I am also loving this Dream Closet Makeover at 5 Days 5 Ways.….
You really have to stop by & check out all of the before & afters of this makeover!
There are so many added little details.
Girlfriend even decoupaged her closet rods with “Mr & Mrs.” wrapping paper!
My master closet is looking pretty blah & un-inspiring at the moment, but I’m
hoping to change that real soon!!
I told you…BLAH!
(blah, blah, blah, blah, BLAH!)
Things that I would like to see happen in this space….
1. Build a shoe rack large enough to house mine & my husband shoes instead of
using the mismatched shoe racks.
2. Take baskets that are on the shelf & create/build cubbies for them to go in.
3. Create organization/storage area for my jewelry, scarfs (the scarfs are out of control people!), & purses…
See…I wasn’t kidding about the scarfs!
We also need to trim out that door….add it to the list!
5. Try to find a cute chandelier at Goodwill to makeover & use in the space.
6. There is a small dresser in this closet that I would also like to spruce up a bit. It houses
most of my hubby’s t-shirts & shorts.
7. And I’m still undecided on whether or not I am going to re-paint or leave the current wall color. I might want to stencil one of the walls as well. We’ll see what happens!
Yep, I think that just about does it!!
That should keep me busy during the month of January, don’t you think?!
Hopefully, I will be able to blog about all of the little projects working up to the big transformation!
I’m not promising anything as dramatic as the inspiration closets I posted above, but I’m sure it won’t disappoint either.
After all, I think my last closet transformation turned out pretty darn good! 🙂
Happy New Year All!! 🙂