I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! We certainly did!
Today…..my zucchini obsession continues!!
I explained in my last post, that in an effort to eat healthier, I have found a new love in zucchini. It’s seriously the most versatile vegetable! Last week, I shared a recipe for some paleo-friendly zucchini brownies and few weeks before that I shared a recipe for beef enchilada zucchini boats! Both super yummy!
Today, I am sharing an easy & delicious recipe for Zucchini Lasagna! I am having a wonderful time finding & trying new zucchini recipes. This particular recipe was a great low carb option to one of my favorite Italian dishes! SO GOOD!
I actually made this lasagna using my great grandmother’s slow-cooker spaghetti sauce recipe. I blogged about it several months back. It is probably the most delicious spaghetti sauce I have ever tasted….no exaggerating! And because the sauce is made in the crock-pot, it makes preparation super easy!! For the sauce recipe, be sure to check out THIS POST.
You will notice in the printable recipe below, that the cook time is listed at 30 minutes. Please note that this does not include the cook time for the sauce. The spaghetti sauce take 3.5 hours in the crock-pot. Again, see this post for details.
- Homemade Slow-Cooker Spaghetti Sauce (see link above)
- 3-4 zucchini (depending on size)
- 1-16oz container cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 6 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice zucchini (thinly). Place zucchini slices on a cookie sheet or large piece of aluminum foil. Lightly salt zucchini to remove excess water. Set aside for 10 minutes. Blot zucchini with paper towel to absorb excess water.
- Add a thin layer of homemade spaghetti sauce to the bottom of a 9″x13″ baking dish. Layer sliced zucchini over the top of sauce. Add layer of cottage cheese (half of container) on top of zucchini slices. Then add layer of mozzarella cheese (approximately 1 cup.) Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese on top. REPEAT once.
- Add one last layer of zucchini slices & top with thin layer of sauce. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Then remove lasagna from oven. Sprinkle the top with remaining mozzarella & parmesan. Place back in the oven & bake for an additional 10 minutes.
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try!!
Let me know if you do!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I’ll talk to you again soon!
Linking up here….
That DIY Party at DIY Show Off
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
Inspiration Gallery at Design, Dining, & Diapers
I’m Lovin’ It at Tidy Mom
Link Party Palooza at Tatertots & Jello