I hope y’all are having a great weekend!
This week wraps-up the last week of our “Dog Days of Winter” Challenges. The theme for this week’s challenge is “Love It.” That means we want to see all of your Valentine’s Day related projects! It can be Valentine’s Day decor, crafts, and/or recipes. I’m excited to share my project for the challenge with you today!
My Valentine’s Day Wreath…..
What do you think?!
I know it’s not the traditional Valentine’s Day colors, but that’s alright with me. Sometimes it’s fun to change things up a bit, don’t ya think?!
This wreath was super easy to make! I just started with a straw wreath that I purchased at Hobby Lobby. It was $3.99, but I used my 40% off coupon to purchase it. I bought a package of light gray yarn (also from Hob Lob) & just wrapped it around the straw wreath until it was completely covered. There is no need to take the plastic packaging off the straw wreath….just leave it in place!!
Then I got busy making these super fun felt roses to decorate the wreath. I just bought several different colors of felt at Hobby Lobby to make them.
1. Start buy cutting a circle out of the felt. For larger roses, you’ll want a large circle. For smaller roses, you’ll need a small one. To give the look of petals, you can cut out of wavy pattern along the outside edge.
2. Then cut your circle in a spiral as shown in the picture above. Continue the wavy pattern throughout until you reach the center of the circle, which will be your flower base.
3. Starting at the outside of the felt/circle, begin rolling your felt towards the center.
4. The more you roll it, the more it should start resembling a rose.
5. When you get to the end, you will be left with the base at the center of the circle. Hot glue the felt rose to the base to secure it. If the base is wider than the rose itself, simply trim off any excess.
To dress them up a bit, I hot glued a pearl to the center of each rose. This is completely optional. I used my leftover pearls from this project. Then I hot glued each rose to the wreath.
Once I had all of my roses made, I decided to add a little bunting to the center of the wreath. I just used some cardstock & my cricut machine to cut out my triangles & the letters “XOXO”.
You can secure the bunting to the wreath using straight pins and/or hot glue.
Once my bunting was added, the wreath was ready for a little photoshoot….
I just hung my wreath using some pink & white polka dot ribbon that I found at Walmart. You can hang yours however you like!
Be sure to come back tomorrow to show off your Valentine’s day creations!! We can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on!!
Don’t forget, if you link up on just one blog, your project will be seen on all NINE blogs!! So, get those projects completed & get your posts ready!!
If you don’t have a blog, I would still LOVE for you to join in!! Share a picture of your project with me on my Facebook Page!
I will be sharing some of my favorites over the course of the week!
I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday!!
Linking up here….
Before & After Party at Thrifty Decor Chick
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z
Get Your Craft On at Today’s Creative Blog
Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest
Link Up With Me at Liz Marie Blog
Inspiration Gallery Party at Design, Dining, & Diapers
Weekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatertots and Jello